Monday, February 20, 2006

A big Success at Crabbe

To all Crabbe Mountain Ski Racers and Parents:

I am writing this on Monday morning while listening to the first run of GS from the Olympics. What a run from JF Bourque from a small place near Restigouche!

Many thanks to absolutely everyone for the work over the weekend to make the ski races happen. To say the least, we were challenged by the weather. Rain on Friday and bitter cold on Saturday and Sunday certainly took a lot of the fun away from it but I never heard an athlete complain. Our athletes shared the newly renovated race shack with other athletes from other clubs and it all worked out. We had help from other clubs to make it happen. Dan’s system of pairing gatekeepers was super, thanks Dan! We should remember their help when we visit other races; I know I will be gate keeping at Wentworth if they need me to.

Mandy made the front page of the local paper; I can’t ever remember seeing that happen. Hannah had a color picture in the sports section. Thanks to the Gleaner and Dave Smith who I am sure he had some influence in this happening.

I have to go to work but thanks again to everyone who helped in any role because every role is essential for a successful ski race!

Mel

No comments: